Chapel built in 1921, designed by architect Fletterman as a small church of the then parish 12 of the Reformed Church in The Hague. The chapel at the Thomas Schwenckestraat was inaugurated on July 13, 1921.
In 2015 a renovation started by STEK or Stad en Kerk (city and church), the executive of the Hague Protestant Parish. They wanted a nice and multifunctional place in the former Bethel Chapel.
‘De Paardenberg’ (‘Horse Mountain’) is a church and community center in The Hague and houses the organization ‘Wereldhuis’ (‘World House‘). It provides advice and offer assistance to undocumented migrants. They started Djembe classes under the leadership of Mr. Mosis. People from different countries and cultures are connected by a universal language: Music.
At Lange Voorhout, The Hague.
Entering the church, this huge artwork (Inception II) is shown in the central part. It’s made by Baptiste Debombourg and contains 300.000 staples.
The Kloosterkerk is surrounded by a modern building, the Algemene Rekenkamer.
At the 2e Sweelinckstraat, The Hague.
Grote of Sint-Jacobskerk, Great, or St. James Church) is a landmark Protestant church in The Hague, Netherlands. The building is located on the Torenstraat, named for its high tower. Together with the Binnenhof, it is one of the oldest buildings in The Hague. Members of the House of Orange-Nassau have been baptised there. The latest are Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands and his daughter Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange.
The Grote or Sint-Jacobskerk.
It is remarkable for its fine tower and chime of bells, and contains the cenotaph monument of Jacob van Wassenaer Obdam, designed by Cornelis Moninckx and sculpted by Bartholomeus Eggers in 1667, and the renaissance tomb of Gerrit van Assendelft (1487 – 1558).
Monument of Jacob van Wassenaer Obdam.
The church endured a fire in 1539, and the stained glass windows were repaired by leading glass artists, including the brothers Dirk and Wouter Crabeth of Gouda. Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor, who visited the church after the fire, sponsored two windows by the Crabeth’s that due to their royal origin are the only two windows that have survived up to the present day.
Stained glass window to commemorate the martyr Jan de Bakker, designed by Max Nauta, executed by glaziers ‘Schrier en De Ru’ in Haarlem, 1930.
Church at Elandstraat.
The establishment of this parish in the Zeeheldenbuurt at The Hague was necessary at the end of the nineteenth century, because the city was extended in a northwesterly direction. Designed by architect Miller in 1892 the church was built at Elandstraat. On 1 December 1892, the new church was consecrated.
In 1905 and 1906, the Franssen brothers from Roermond built a new organ in the church. In the course of the years some changes has been made to the organ. After the restoration of the church in 1996, it was decided to restore the organ by ‘Adema’s organ building’ from Hillegom. On Sunday, May 15, 2011, the restored Franssen organ was festively inaugurated.
The church is generally considered as the main work of Nicholas Miller. It is a large neo-Gothic church tower with double front, cloverleaf shaped transept and choir. Stylistically it is entirely derived from the early Gothic architecture in northern France and the late Romanesque architecture in the German Rhineland.
Onze Lieve Vrouw Onbevlekt Ontvangen church at Elandstraat, The Hague.
The First Church of Christ Scientist, founded in 1879 in America by Mary Baker Eddy.
First Church of Christ Scientist, the only religious work of architect Berlage.
In April 2011, The Christ Scientist community offered the building at the Andries Bickerweg, The Hague for sale.