Church at Elandstraat.
The establishment of this parish in the Zeeheldenbuurt at The Hague was necessary at the end of the nineteenth century, because the city was extended in a northwesterly direction. Designed by architect Miller in 1892 the church was built at Elandstraat. On 1 December 1892, the new church was consecrated.
In 1905 and 1906, the Franssen brothers from Roermond built a new organ in the church. In the course of the years some changes has been made to the organ. After the restoration of the church in 1996, it was decided to restore the organ by ‘Adema’s organ building’ from Hillegom. On Sunday, May 15, 2011, the restored Franssen organ was festively inaugurated.
The church is generally considered as the main work of Nicholas Miller. It is a large neo-Gothic church tower with double front, cloverleaf shaped transept and choir. Stylistically it is entirely derived from the early Gothic architecture in northern France and the late Romanesque architecture in the German Rhineland.